My Story with Coach
Few weeks ago I had the opportunity to be part of an event with Coach, a brand I have loved for a long time. They actually play a big part in my history as a stylist and fashion blogger! You see, ten years ago I was working as an accountant in an office above the Coach store on Michigan Ave. I was not passionate about my job, and I knew deep down that I wanted to work in fashion in some capacity. Passing Coach every day on my way to and from work made it impossible to ignore that dream, and I’m so happy I didn’t! So the event was truly that part of my life coming full circle for me, and a reminder that dreams really do come true.
Coach is such an iconic American brand with a rich history. The company started out in 1941 in New York City with men’s wallets and billfolds. Founders husband and wife Miles and Lillian Cahn were inspired by the high-quality, worn-in leather of a baseball glove, and they set out to make their leather stand apart. It’s thanks to Lillian’s vision that we have the gorgeous Coach handbags today, as she convinced Miles to expand the company’s line to include women’s accessories. (Thank you, Lillian!)
In 2013, genius designer Stuart Vevers joined Coach as Creative Director, and earned his place in the company’s history by extending the collection to include Ready-to-Wear clothing. He also developed a timeless Heritage Accessory Collection, which features details that evoke the incredible history of Coach. It seems that both Coach and I keep getting better with each year!
These are my absolute favorite pieces from Coach for Spring:
The little white dress
1. The LWD (little white dress) is a warm-weather essential! I love the combination of the rivets, the ruffles and studs; especially with the open back, it’s equal parts romantic, sexy and edgy. I had to pack it for Tel Aviv Fashion Week, and I got so many compliments on it everywhere I went!
The cut-out booties of my dreams
2. I’m not exaggerating when I say I have been searching for a cutout bootie like this for forever. I love heels, but as a mom, most of the time I am running around with or after my kids, and I can’t exactly do that in 4-inch pumps. Also available in black and purple. So here’s a little styling secret I’ll let you in on: pointy-toe boots and flats have the same leg-lengthening effect and are a lot more comfortable!
Let’s get personal
3. My personalized Parker bag! If you don’t have a white handbag in your wardrobe, you definitely need one. This bag makes such a statement, yet it’s an instant classic. No one does handbags like Coach: The leather is so supple, and each style features thoughtful design elements to make life easier. And the best part is you can have your bag customized! I love that my handbag was personalized just for me and I can think of no better or more thoughtful gift.
4. This Bambi sweatshirt dress! This Bambi sweatshirt dress! Since Coach takes pride in being an American company, they love to partner with other American institutions, like Disney for this collaboration. I am really feeling t-shirt and sweatshirt dresses this season—I will be styling them with sneakers or booties and an oversized bomber jacket for a little edge.
5. These fringed boots were so comfortable on my trip to Tel Aviv it felt like I was wearing slippers at the airport and around the city. But the fringe detail makes these sneakers anything but basic. I could not leave the store without them and I think I’ll be going back for the white ones as well!
6.I love Coach sunglasses because the price is right and I know I’m actually getting the great quality I’ve paid for. I will be wearing my new Horse And Carriage Hologram Sunglasses black pair everywhere this summer!
My favorite thing about Coach is how they design for women. It is so empowering to feel good in what you are wearing, but to also be able to walk to your meetings, run to catch a train or keep up with your kids, go from work to date night, and find your keys or your compact, all in comfort and style. I love introducing my clients and followers to Coach because I want your clothes to complement the amazing lives you are leading. I invite you to visit Coach and experience their special combination of timeless fashion, beautiful accessories at every price point, and impeccable service.