Zoom is everything now! From e-learning, to work meetings, to parent-teacher conferences, to virtual events and happy hours. I got an email this week from one of my boss lady clients asking me for tips for looking professional and cute on Zoom video call. What a perfect topic for my blog post. A lot of us are not used to working from home, and definitely not used to using Zoom for work, so it can be hard to navigate how to put your best foot forward. Here are my 8 tips to look your best on Zoom:
1. Lighting is everything! Make sure there is decent lighting for Zoom calls, natural daylight if possible 🙂 Take the video call in a well lit room or in front of a window. This will be the most flattering lighting and ensures your call partners will be able to see you clearly. I use the desk my by window in the office, with a ring light just in case!
2. Location, location, location! Find a quiet, private space where you can take the call without interruption. If you have a home office you are in luck! I make sure to let everyone know that I am on call so that no one comes in to my space.
3. Set up a cute background, nothing crazy–as long as it’s clean, you’re good. You can also choose from different backgrounds on zoom or even upload your own background. We just did a birthday zoom party so I uploaded a happy birthday sign for my friend. Here is an easy tutorial how to do it
OUTFIT, HAIR, AND MAKEUP
4. A cute outfit is a must-have element for a productive meeting! Getting in an office inspired outfit, as if it was a regular day, adds that extra motivation and fun mood booster! Plus, it looks way more professional. Try wearing your joggers with a tee or blouse and a blazer for a comfortable yet professional outfit.
5. Careful not to get washed out by clothes that are cream or tan! In this case add brighter lips like I did here. But I do recommend to wear bright colors, jewel tones, or fun prints like florals.
6.Wear natural makeup for an effortless but still put together vibe. I suggest pink lips with pink blush and bronzer. Check out my updated beauty routine for skin care and beauty inspiration! P.S.- There is actually a setting on Zoom where it will digitally retouch your makeup! I haven’t tried this yet.
7. Put a little effort into your hair! It can be simple, no need to get crazy. An easy professional hairstyle can be putting in dry shampoo and pulling it into a smooth low ponytail or bun. Takes 2 minutes, but makes all the difference.
8. Have fun with jewelry. Bring all your necklaces back to life! The only rule is to choose a statement earring or a statement necklace, but not both. With statement necklace or delicate layers I suggest hoops. Or, keep it classy and simple like I did here with a diamond tennis necklace by Dana Rebecca.
I suggest to meditate or take 10 deep breaths before each meeting to keep you Zen and focused.
Please save these tips and share with your friends! We got this, fellow lady bosses!
I hope this blog post got you inspired! Please keep in mind that I am also offering 1:1 styling services, personal branding mentoring, workshops and so much more. Click here for my full services and sign up for my newsletter. You can also always shop my top picks on the Tel Aviv Couture Boutique.
SHOP MY OUTFIT: