We are in the second month of quarantine, and that means the second month of working from home! I got an email this week from one of my boss lady clients asking me for tips for looking professional and cute on Zoom video call. What a perfect topic for my blog post. A lot of us are not used to working from home, and definitely not used to using Zoom for work, so it can be hard to navigate how to put your best foot forward. Here are my 8 tips to look your best on Zoom:
1. Lighting is everything! Make sure there is decent lighting for Zoom calls, natural daylight if possible 🙂 Take the video call in a well lit room or in front of a window. This will be the most flattering lighting and ensures your call partners will be able to see you clearly.
2. Location, location, location! Find a quiet, private space where you can take the call without interruption. If you have a home office you are in luck! Mine is currently taken by Jason so I take my calls from my bed room and make sure to let everyone know that I am on call.
3. Set up a cute background, nothing crazy–as long as it’s clean, you’re good. You can also choose from different backgrounds on zoom or even upload your own background. We just did a birthday zoom party so I uploaded a happy birthday sign for my friend. Here is an easy tutorial how to do it
OUTFIT, HAIR, AND MAKEUP
4. A cute outfit is a must-have element for a productive meeting! Getting in an office inspired outfit, as if it was a regular day, adds that extra motivation and fun mood booster! Plus, it looks way more professional. Try wearing your joggers with a tee or blouse and a blazer for a comfortable yet professional outfit.
5. Careful not to get washed out by clothes that are cream or tan! In this case add brighter lips like I did here. But I do recommend to wear bright colors, jewel tones, or fun prints like florals.
6.Wear natural makeup for an effortless but still put together vibe. I suggest pink lips with pink blush and bronzer. Check out my updated beauty routine for skin care and beauty inspiration! P.S.- There is actually a setting on Zoom where it will digitally retouch your makeup! I haven’t tried this yet.
7. Put a little effort into your hair! It can be simple, no need to get crazy. An easy professional hairstyle can be putting in dry shampoo and pulling it into a smooth low ponytail or bun. Takes 2 minutes, but makes all the difference.
8. Have fun with jewelry. Bring all your necklaces back to life! The only rule is to choose a statement earring or a statement necklace, but not both. With statement necklace or delicate layers I suggest hoops.
I suggest to meditate or take 10 deep breaths before each meeting to keep you Zen and focused.
Please save these tips and share with your friends! We got this, fellow lady bosses!
SHOP MY OUTFIT: